Sunday, January 3, 2010

Wheeled Garment I'm Starting A Pattern Cutting And Garment Making Course, But I Need A Bit Of Help And Advice On Supplies?

I'm starting a pattern cutting and garment making course, but i need a bit of help and advice on supplies? - wheeled garment

In the course start sewing patterns, I am an absolute beginner, but I was told to bring a number of things, I need some advice on what to get better conditions:
Tissue paper, scissors (settings?)
Pins (plain or with your head?)
Needles (What?)
Tailor's chalk (normal or color or both?)
Gauge (smooth or serrated?)
Tape (regular or extra long, and if they cm and inches on one side by the other or both centimeters and inches on the same side of the band)
Master Pattern (What is this?)
(notably a wing / size?)
(Length regulation? And regardless of whether it made of metal or plastic?)
Pattern making paper (can not find "patterns of paper-making" in everything, everything that I can find a sheet of paper, carbon paper and tracing paper? "And what size do I need?)
Receive sampling devices (with the best raw material to / use and how will I need?)

If there is anything that can be useful at a later date, please add.

Thanks

1 comments:

Pollyann... said...

Use Morplan. I studied at the University of fashion, and everyone I know and I have all their morplan kit.

http://www.morplan.com/

Also check the library for some books RD Franks bad fashion and sewing patterns.

Post a Comment